The Arts Council of Wales offers many funding schemes to those living and working in Wales. Suitable for both individual artists and crafts people and also organisations, they offer the opportunity to apply through a competitive application process for funding towards a clearly defined visual arts or crafts related project.
Here are some examples of things that could be included in your project:
- Setting up a studio or workshop
- Research and development
- Costs relating to the production and marketing of new work for exhibition
- Training - for example, learning a new craft skill, CAD, photography etc.
- Capital equipment - for example, kilns, looms, photography equipment
- Planning and running projects such as exhibitions, craft fairs, events.
- Participatory projects such as educational activities
- Providing and undertaking training
- Capital equipment
- Staffing fees relating to eligible projects
Things we are not able to fund:
- Full time FE or HE courses
- Individual lessons or tuition
- Computer equipment and websites
- Fundraising projects
- Retrospective costs - things already paid for before funding is applied for or accepted
This list by no means covers every possibility.
Application guidelines, eligibility criteria and the application process can be read on these pages:
Funding Advice for Individuals
Funding Advice for Organisations