Working with our partners we will help grow music's presence where music in all its forms and diversity can have an energising and transforming role in communities.
We will achieve this by:
- improving the commissioning resources available to composers/music creators
- advocating strongly for an entitlement to music in education and in lifelong ways.
Continuing our support of the flagship companies of the WNO and BBC National Orchestra of Wales will support their artistic aims to be recognised in a world-class arena whilst advancing their reach and role in musical life in Wales.
It is imperative that we work on the infrastructure of music in Wales, building the circumstances so that more musicians are able to base their careers in Wales. This is an issue for all genres in music and demands a variety of strategies to address different areas:
- review our policy framework for festival support
- set out paths for the development of traditional music
- support a more ambitious, dynamic and cohesive approach to jazz
Another priority is developing the live audiences for music, supporting the work of venues and organisations, and introducing new audiences to a variety of music styles.
Promoting the technological skills and the knowledge base that Wales-based musicians need will maximise the use of those skills in their work
Back to the artform page >>